Creating Compelling Experiences Through Discovery, Awareness and Usability
The general meaning of the word 'design' typically falls into the aesthetic realm. Interpretations of what is good design, what 'pops' and arrests the viewer, or what simply appears pleasing to the eye can run the gamut and it often does. At ZaneRay, we try to look at design beyond subjectivity and always ask ourselves, 'how does the design serve the client's goal?' From art directing on a grand scale all the way down to designing the minute details, we put it through that wringer. Is it creative? Absolutely. Is it arbitrary? Hardly.We have a process built for success
Whether designing a website for a well-known company or helping a startup with their initial branding efforts, we have found that 'process,' just as much as creativity, is the framework for success. We embrace projects in the true collaborative spirit, knowing that the creative process working internally and with our clients is just as important as the end product. Additionally, we address the ongoing design needs and how we can best empower our clients for the long term. The following list outlines some of the basic steps in our website design process:
- Company and brand immersion
- Consumer market study
- Competitive market study
- Client survey on existing sites
- Information Architecture, wireframes and multi-device considerations
- Iterative design concept development and page design
- Image and media assets preparation and branding guidelines
- Define ongoing strategy
Preserve and Amplify the Brand
It is always our intention at ZaneRay to operate with great sensitivity to a company's brand. We spend a great deal of time in the immersion process and continue on an ongoing basis to understand our clients' branding and current positioning within their markets. As designers, we aim to create vehicles to express your DNA clearly, rather than obscuring it through over-designing. We have a wealth of branding experience, especially as it relates to extending and refining an existing brand and take pride in our ability to help companies deliver effective, rich branding experiences.
The E-Commerce and Techy Side of Design
Perhaps our biggest advantage as a Web design consultancy is our constant drive and synergy that connects the creative front-end with all that is techy behind the scenes. And with a resumé of several high functioning e-commerce sites, we are not simply a design firm...we drive our designs with sales in mind. A few advantages with the ZaneRay design methodology:
- We are experts in e-commerce: Several of our sites, both hard and soft goods, are high functioning, sales machines, standing out above their competitors.
- We know consumer behavior, and how to create the best user interface to serve consumers AND companies alike.
- Working alongside programmers, we know the Web tools and constantly push the envelope for what is possible.
- We design for programmers and have programming always in mind
- We design, anticipating the dynamic nature of elements--like product name lengths, multi-lingual language considerations and "responsive design"
- We are a design/build team; nimble and forward thinking
- We understand e-commerce both from the customer's and the developer's point of view
- We're students of the web and know what works, what doesn't and what's coming
- We stick with it until it's right
- We understand that the goals of our clients' businesses take priority over our goals as designers