Interface Developer I
ZaneRay is a digital design and development agency that specializes in e-commerce. We are well established in the outdoor industry with such clients as Skullcandy, Yeti Cycles, Osprey Backpacks, and Jackson Hole Resort—so a passion for the outdoors is a big plus. ZaneRay was recently named in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work for the fourth time in the last 8 years.
ZaneRay offers a flexible work life—we seek a daily balance of work, family, and recreation that keeps us happy, healthy, and productive. We seek passionate developers who work hard and have a great time doing it.
This position would traditionally be a full-time job within the office in Whitefish, Montana, but we are currently willing to explore remote employee options.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience developing and/or designing websites
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with clients and teammates
- Understanding of responsive design best practices and techniques
- Desire to learn and grow interface development techniques in an ever-changing technology landscape
- Ability to estimate effort for various tasks and complete tasks within budget
- Understanding of accessibility best practices
- Understanding of the concept of progressive web apps
- Experience with e-commerce packages such as Shopify, BigCommerce, or others
- Working within a team developing and maintaining world-class e-commerce and other non-transactional websites
- Building strategies for responsively designed sites that need to look and work great on all devices
- Collaborating with the design team to tune the responsive elements, producing sites that are highly optimized for fast delivery to all devices, browsers, and environments
- Taking a break occasionally to make some turns on the mountain when the snow is fresh
- Working with defined style guides to develop consistent markup for all phases of a site development
- Using Git and Jira to manage the development process collaboratively with development management
- Testing your and fellow developer’s work, providing constructive feedback
- Flexing your schedule from week to week to be sure you maintain a healthy lifestyle inside and outside of work and be sure to be present in your family members' lives
- Working closely with the design team as they hand off to developers, ensuring that the finished product best represents the design intention
- Updating legacy sites to better serve audiences on all devices, including changes need to make sites ADA compliant.
- Getting to know team members better at a picnic, raft trip or other adventure
- Familiarizing yourself with the architecture of various commerce and content management packages
- Attending occasional seminars and seeking other avenues for continual learning
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. but are flexible within that range.
Salary is D.O.E. ZaneRay offers a benefits package that includes 401K with up to 4% matching, employee health, disability, vision and dental insurance, 17 days of vacation to start, profit sharing, long-term incentives, and a flexible work environment. Relocation is considered.
Submit resume, portfolio of example work, and a letter to explain to us that our search is over—why you are the perfect candidate we have been looking for!
Submissions go to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not the perfect job for you? Join our Jobs Mailing List to hear of future openings.