UX Designer / Analyst
ZaneRay is a digital design and development agency that specializes in e-commerce. We are well established in the outdoor industry with such clients as Skullcandy, Yeti Cycles, Osprey Backpacks, and Jackson Hole Resort—so a passion for the outdoors is a big plus. ZaneRay was recently named in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work for the fourth time in the last 8 years.
ZaneRay has an opening in our Whitefish Montana office for a user experience designer. We are seeking a candidate that is excited about the work that we do, and is equally excited about living the Rocky Mountain lifestyle.
The ideal candidate will have experience and training in the field of User Experience Design and ideally some experience with e-commerce.
ZaneRay offers a flexible work-life—we seek a daily balance of work, family, and recreation that keeps us all happy, healthy, and productive. To be successful we need self-motivated enthusiasts that have a proven track record of getting stuff done, and having a great time doing it.
This position would traditionally be a full-time job within the office, but given the current situation, we are willing to explore remote employee options.
- Applicable bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Training in User Experience Design techniques from user testing, to prototyping, to wireframing
- Relevant interface design experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to present and convey your design to clients
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc
- Understanding of responsive design conventions and techniques
- Experience conducting and summarizing research and user test sessions, using insights to inform website design
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools
- Ability to estimate effort for various tasks and complete tasks within budget
- Basic Knowledge of HTML/CSS and the constraints of designing for the web
- Experience creating prototypes for user testing, illustrating user flows, animation, and interactions
- Diverse work background, inside and outside the web agency world
- Working with a team to design and fine tune world-class e-commerce sites as well as informational or general branding sites
- Work with our Success Team to define research and testing needs and approach, carry out user tests.
- Leveraging robust industry best practices and web analytics to drive recommendations and decisions
- Working with high profile brands to help communicate their products and the lifestyle they sell
- Immersing yourself in a brand’s materials and industry. Our team prides itself on being as versed as we can in whatever industry we step into.
- Alignment with client goals and strategic priorities as baseline to define user experience needs and goals.
- Building strategies for responsively designed sites that need to look and work great on all devices
- Designing sites and displays with intricate data requirements—often requiring extensive back-and-forth with both client feedback and user testing cycles to perfect
- Working with the interface development team to produce sites that are highly optimized for fast delivery to all devices and environments
- Developing user personas and journeys to better understand the customer’s goals and needs
- Doing extensive competitive analysis to determine how a client’s site is fitting within the competitive landscape
- Taking a break occasionally to make some turns on the mountain when the snow is fresh
- Working with prototyping tools to build wireframes or working prototypes to collaboratively think through information architecture, as well as for use in UX testing
- Helping build out content plans and information architectures, putting all pieces in place before final design work begins
- Translating wireframes and UX design prototypes into refined designs that apply to all devices
- Collaborating with our internal team to hand off to developers, ensuring that the finished product best represents the design intention
- Flexing your schedule from week to week to be sure you maintain a healthy lifestyle inside and outside of work and be sure to be present in your family members' lives
- Contributing heavily to the collaboration process regarding you and other designer's designs to ensure that we as a team produce high quality, consistent work at all times
- Working with the collective ZaneRay teams to continue to fine-tune our design process in an ever-changing medium
- Attending weekly collaborative department meetings to best coordinate efforts
- Familiarizing yourself with the architecture of various commerce and content management packages
- Occasionally traveling to visit clients for sales jobs and for the launch of large-scale projects
- Getting to know team members better at a picnic, raft trip or other adventure
- Attending occasional seminars and seeking other avenues for continual learning and sharing what you have learned with your coworkers
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. but are flexible within that range.
Salary is D.O.E. ZaneRay offers a benefits package that includes 401K with up to 4% matching, employee health, disability, vision, and dental insurance, 17 days of vacation to start, profit sharing, long-term incentives, and a flexible work environment. Relocation is considered.
Submit resume, portfolio of example work, and a letter to explain to us that our search is over—why you are the perfect candidate we have been looking for!
Submissions go to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not the perfect job for you? Join our Jobs Mailing List to hear of future openings.