ZaneRay is a digital design and development agency that specializes in e-commerce. We are well established in the outdoor industry with such clients as Skullcandy, Yeti Cycles, Osprey Backpacks, and Jackson Hole Resort—so a passion for the outdoors is a big plus. ZaneRay was recently named in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work for the fourth time in the last 8 years.
ZaneRay has an opening in our Whitefish Montana office for an experienced or junior-level user interface designer. We are seeking a candidate that is excited about the work that we do, and is equally excited about living the Rocky Mountain lifestyle.
The ideal candidate will have strong digital design skills and experience, especially in regards to the web and e-commerce. Also important is some knowledge about User Experience trends and best practices to inform design considerations.
ZaneRay offers a flexible work-life—we seek a daily balance of work, family, and recreation that keeps us all happy, healthy and productive. To be successful we need self-motivated enthusiasts that have a proven track record of getting stuff done, and having a great time doing it.
- Applicable bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- Relevant interface design experience
- Strong communication skills and ability to present and convey your design to clients
- Experience with design tools such as Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, etc
- Understanding of responsive design conventions and techniques
- Ability to estimate effort for various tasks and complete tasks within budget
- Basic Knowledge of HTML/CSS and the intricacies of designing for the web
- Experience creating prototypes for user testing, illustrating user flows, animation and interactions
- Experience with logo and identity design systems
- Diverse work background, inside and outside the web agency world
- Working with a team to design world-class e-commerce sites as well as informational or general branding sites
- Working with high profile brands to help communicate their products and the lifestyle they sell
- Immersing yourself in a brand’s materials and industry. Our team prides itself on being as versed as we can in whatever industry we step into.
- Building strategies for responsively designed sites that need to look and work great on all devices
- Designing sites and displays with intricate data requirements—often requiring extensive back-and-forth with both client feedback and user testing cycles to perfect
- Working with the interface development team to produce sites that are highly optimized for fast delivery to all devices and environments
- Taking a break occasionally to make some turns on the mountain when the snow is fresh
- Working with prototyping tools to build wireframes or working prototypes to collaboratively think through information architecture, as well as for use in UX testing
- Translating wireframes and UX design prototypes into refined designs that apply to all devices
- Collaborating with our internal team to hand off to developers, ensuring that the finished product best represents the design intention
- Flexing your schedule from week to week to be sure you maintain a healthy lifestyle inside and outside of work and be sure to be present in your family members lives
- Contributing heavily to the collaboration process regarding you and other designer's designs to ensure that we as a team produce high quality, consistent work at all times
- Working with the collective ZaneRay teams to continue to fine-tune our design process in an ever-changing medium
- Attending weekly collaborative department meetings to best coordinate efforts
- Familiarizing yourself with the architecture of various commerce and content management packages
- Occasionally traveling to visit clients for sales jobs and for the launch of large-scale projects
- Getting to know team members better at a picnic, raft trip or other adventure
- Attending occasional seminars and seeking other avenues for continual learning and sharing what you have learned with your coworkers
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. but are flexible within that range.
Salary is D.O.E. ZaneRay offers a benefits package that includes 401K with up to 4% matching, employee health, disability, vision, and dental insurance, 17 days of vacation to start, profit sharing, long-term incentives, and a flexible work environment. Relocation is considered.
Submit resume, portfolio of example work, and a letter to explain to us that our search is over—why you are the perfect candidate we have been looking for!
Submissions go to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Not the perfect job for you? Join our Jobs Mailing List to hear of future openings.