The ZaneRay Group has an opening in our Whitefish Montana office for an experienced interface developer. ZaneRay is a digital design and development agency that specializes in e-commerce. We are well established in the outdoor industry so a passion for the outdoors, and experience with designing for outdoor brands, are big plusses.
We are seeking a unique candidate for this role—an experienced and hard-working UI developer who lives and breathes the tools of the trade. A background in design is a plus, we love versatile people that can help bring bleeding edge designs to life.
ZaneRay offers a flexible work life—we seek a daily balance of work, family, and recreation that keeps us happy, healthy and productive. To be successful we need self-motivated individuals that have a proven track record of getting stuff done, and having a great time doing it.
This position would traditionally be a full-time job within the office, but given the current situation we are willing to explore remote employee options.
- Applicable bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience developing and designing websites
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with clients and teammates
- Understanding of responsive design principles and techniques
- Desire to learn and grow interface development techniques in an ever-changing technology landscape
- Ability to estimate effort for various tasks and complete tasks within budget
- Knowledge of SPA architectures such as Angular, React or Vue
- Knowledge of User Experience Design
- Understanding of accessibility best practices
- Understanding of the concept of progressive web apps
- Experience with commerce packages such as Shopify, BigCommerce, or others
- Working within a team developing world-class ecommerce and other non-transactional websites
- Building strategies for responsively designed sites that need to look and work great on all devices
- Working with the design team to produce sites that are highly optimized for fast delivery to all devices and environments
- Developing HTML style guides dictated by design team to inform all development, continuing to develop and maintain the style guide to contain all patterns throughout development
- Working with defined style guides to develop consistent markup for all phases of a site development
- Working with prototyping tools to build wireframes or working prototypes to collaboratively think through information architecture, as well as for use in UX testing
- Using design and responsive design skills to make responsive design decisions ensuring all site functions look and work perfectly on all supported devices, browsers and environments
- Using Git and Jira to manage the development process collaboratively with development management
- Testing your and fellow developer’s work, providing constructive feedback
- Working closely with the design team as they hand off to developers, ensuring that the finished product best represents the design intention
- Working with the collective ZaneRay teams to continue to fine tune our development process in an ever-changing medium
- Familiarizing yourself with the architecture of various commerce and content management packages
- Attending occasional seminars and seeking other avenues for continual learning
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. but are flexible within that range.
Salary is D.O.E. ZaneRay offers a benefits package that includes 401K with up to 4% matching, employee health, disability, vision and dental insurance, 17 days of vacation to start, profit sharing, long-term incentives, and a flexible work environment. Relocation is considered.
- Submit resume, example work, and a letter to explain to us that our search is over—why you are the perfect candidate we have been looking for!
- Submissions go to: email@example.com.