The ZaneRay Group is looking for an ecommerce engineer/developer to join our team in beautiful Whitefish, Montana. ZaneRay is an Internet development agency working with medium to large sized companies that sell goods on the web. Our team is involved in just about every aspect of ecommerce development there is.
The developer may work in a variety of engineering and development roles, from UI programming to complex backend integration with corporate systems. We work with a variety of platforms, languages, and code frameworks. Having appropriate skillsets - like Java programming - is important, but the landscape of web development is fluid. As such, we are interested in someone with broad ecommerce experience, someone who shows adaptability, and a person who likes the challenges of working with the new and unknown. To a large extent, the position will be defined by the strengths of who fills it.
One key benefit of this job is the chance to work with “big footprint” companies on award winning websites. Another, is being able to work in a beautiful setting: the Flathead Valley of Northwest Montana. If you are at all outdoor sports inclined, or are looking for a great place to raise a family, this area is ideal.
- We sit at the gateway to Glacier National Park
- Whitefish is at the base of a beautiful, large, and uncrowded ski hill
- We are surrounded by wonderful fishing, hunting, biking, camping, etc.
- The local airport connects directly with major hubs: Salt Lake City, Denver, Seattle, Minneapolis
- Housing is still very affordable
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about software development and quality of life
- Has excellent problem solving skills
- Has 2+ years hands-on Java and OOD experience. That said, we recognize that a good C# or other OO language developer would do well.
- Experience working one or more ecommerce platforms like Shopify, BigCommerce, Demandware or Netsuite
- Has understanding of database design and SQL, or NoSQL
- Is familiar with the big picture of N-tier Ecommerce development: database, webserver, app server
- Has agency and/or relevant corporate experience in ecommerce
- Knows how to work as a team member
- Has worked directly with customers ( Developers at ZaneRay actually talk to the customers they serve.)
- Not a stranger to analyzing projects and outlining written specifications
- Has good verbal and written communications skills.
- Has a sense of adventure
- Vue, React, Angular or SPA development experience
- Experience with REST API and microservice architecture
- Spring Boot
- Shopify and/or BigCommerce app development experience
- Exposure to or experience with ERP systems. SAP, Netsuite, Navision
- Agile development
- Systems experience/exposure. Linux, VM, continuous Integration, DevOps
- Experience working with team development tools and repositories
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science degree or similar
Example duties may include:
- Working on all aspects of developing a B2B or B2C ecommerce site: design/architecture, project management, coding, etc.
- Creating solutions with long term maintenance and flexibility in mind, while mitigating risk to current operations
- Engaging with clients on everything from gathering requirements to implementation.
- Brainstorming on how to take advantage of new technologies, processes and business opportunities
- Collaborating with small teams of developers on multiple projects
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. but are flexible within that range.
Travel is primarily local during the business day. There may be rare client or educational travel.
Salary is D.O.E. ZaneRay offers a benefits package that includes 401K with matching, health insurance, generous vacation at start, profit sharing and flexible work environment. Relocation is considered.
- Submit resume and a letter to explain to us that our search is over—why you are the perfect candidate we have been looking for!
- Submissions go to: firstname.lastname@example.org.