The ZaneRay Group has an opening for an experienced Web Interface Developer to work at our offices in Whitefish, Montana. Yes, that's right, Whitefish, Montana, the snowboarding capital of the Internet.
ZaneRay is a small consultant group doing huge things for medium sized companies who sell their goods on the web. Our creative team is involved in every aspect of a custom web store that a user interacts with. In that the experience of working for a consultant is somewhat dictated by the clients you work for, we are very proud that five of our clients have been named in Outside Magazine's 100 best places to work. We feel our work hard, play harder attitude combined with a fun, flexible work place make us a great place to show up each day.
The ideal candidate should be creative, a fun team player, and genuinely interested in books about things like CSS3 or responsive design. We see this position as a learning job—almost more than any other at ZaneRay—as interface programming is constantly impacted by further development of browsers and new devices. The developer will work between our project managers, designers, and technology team to deliver product, branding and social media based content through database driven web sites.
- Collaborating with in-house or 3rd party designers to prepare designs for development
- Collaborating with the technology team to determine how all information is delivered or collected through the site
- Develop page markup and scripting with team-determined best practices, with an eye toward a clean, accessible, optimized, SEO friendly web interface
- Develop page-level code that interacts with server-side objects, user input, session information and third party tools to develop engaging web applications
- Research, learn and collaborate with team to continue to grow as developers and help determine programming practices
- Research and integrate with various third party tools to accomplish complex challenges
- Implement and decorate best of breed 3rd party tools
- When appropriate, chill, play some ping pong or maybe hackysack
- Advanced knowledge of hand-written HTML and CSS for delivering consistent pages to all modern browsers and devices
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop and ability to take an image of a designed screen and turn it into HTML
- Experience with some web interface programming environment—be it JSP, ASP, PHP, Ruby or other—the candidate needs to be familiar with core concepts to centralized, database-driven development
Advancements (not requirements, but will improve success in this job)
- An eye for design: candidates with a background in design are desired—while this job is not necessarily a design position, candidates who can understand design and take the appearance of every element they build seriously will be more successful
- Knowledge of concepts needed for building sites that are SEO friendly, accessible to all, and user-centric
- Experience and/or training with building sites for mobile devices
- Ideal candidate should posess a love for the outdoors, a sweet snowboard or fat skis, a mountain bike, and probably a fly rod or two. We're not totally kidding here either—with a majority of our clients falling in the outdoor industry, a candidate being one of our customer's customers is a plus.
Salary is DOE - Relocation is considered.
Contact henry [at] zaneray.com to inquire about this job.