The ZaneRay Group (www.zaneray.com) has an opening for a Senior Java Developer to work at our offices in Whitefish, Montana. ZaneRay is an Internet consultancy focused on medium to large sized companies that sell goods on the web. Our team is involved in every aspect of a web store that a user interacts with. The developer will work with our project managers, designers, and technology team to deliver product, branding and community based content through database driven web sites and be adept as developer, system architect and analyst. The candidate should be well versed in the latest best-practices and be willing to continually learn as the technology matures. The position will also include development of our Ecommerce engine and tools that power most of the sites we work on.
One key benefit of this job is the chance to work with "big footprint" companies on award winning websites. The other main benefit of the position is to be able to do this in a beautiful setting: the Flathead Valley of Northwest Montana. If you are at all outdoor sports inclined, or are looking for a great place to raise a family, this area is ideal.
- We sit at the gateway to Glacier National Park
- Whitefish is at the base of a beautiful, large, and uncrowded ski hill
- We are surrounded by wonderful fishing, hunting, biking, camping, etc.
- The local airport connects directly with major hubs: Salt Lake City, San Francisco, Seattle, Minneapolis
- Median home price is under $250,000
The ideal candidate:
- Is passionate about programming well and quality of life
- Has good analytical skills, preferably honed in both corporate information systems and consultancy environments.
- Has 2+ years experience in complex Ecommerce development
- Has 2+ years hands-on Java and OOD experience. That said, we recognize that a good C# or other OO language developer could do well.
- Has good relational database SQL and data modeling skills
- Is familiar with the big picture of N-tier Ecommerce development and project management of same ? developers, software, networks, hardware, servers, protocols, etc.
- Knows how to work as a team member, and ideally has demonstrated technical team leadership experience.
- Is adept at both left and right brain thinking; understands good software design as well as good visual design
- Thinks entrepreneurially
- Has excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Software package development a plus
- Has a sense of adventure
Example duties may include:
- Working on all aspects of developing a B2B or B2C ecommerce site: design, project management, coding, etc
- Working with clients on everything from gathering design specifications to implementation.
- Coordinating development and release of complex software modules
- Brainstorming on how to create and take advantage of new opportunities
- Working with small teams of developers on multiple projects
Salary D.O.E. Relocation is considered.
Contact reed [at] zaneray.com to inquire about this job.